Please remember that a hospital stay can also be planned. This will allow you to avoid unnecessary stress so that you can concentration fully on your recovery. Here are some tips:
Things to do before hospitalisation:
- Examinations ordered by your GP or specialist
- Notify your GP
- Bring all results, documents and report
- Discussions concerning the discontinuation of medication in time
- Arrange an admission date
- Notify relatives and friends of the address, telephone numbers and visiting hours
Standard-rate treatment costs (social insurance) are settled with the Gesundheitsplattform Steiermark (Styria Healthcare Platform).
You will pay a legally required contribution per day of your inpatient hospitalisation. The amount is based on your compulsory insurance.
But these deductibles can be charged for a maximum of 28 days per calendar year. Patients who are exempt from prescription charges pay no contribution.
Additional Services such as telephone, postage, the purchase of crutches, x-ray copies, will be charged directly to the patient upon discharge.
The additional costs for the special class will be settled with your private health insurance. It is important for you to be informed of the scope of Services of your private health insurance. If your supplementary insurance does not pay, you will have to bear the costs incurred for the special class (special class surcharge and fees) yourself.
Non-insured persons must pay all the costs incurred themselves!
Companions for children of any age can be admitted. Up until a child’s fourth birthday, the stay for a companion is free of charge. After the fourth birthday, a graduated scale of fees will be charged.
What should you bring?
Please bring only that which you absolutely need for your stay in the hospital. Storage facilities in the hospital room are limited.
- Photo ID
- Your results
- Your doctor’s instructions
- Medication that you take regularly
- ID Cards (e.g. diabetic passport, immunisation card, blood group)
Please don’t forget:
- Your personal toiletry items (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc.)
- Persona items (glasses, hearing aids, walkers, etc.)