Located in the centre of the Schladming Dachstein Region, in close proximity to the Amadé sporting region, the Diakonissen Schladming Clinic is responsible für the medical and nursing care of the inhabitants and guests of the Upper Ennstal. It accomplishes its mission with a range of medical services that go beyond those of a standard hospital.
We offer the following services:
- Specialist department for Trauma surgery with 32 officially approved beds with special outpatient clinics for knee, foot, hip, hand, children, and shoulder, as well as physiotherapy and a radiological facility under the direction of Prim. Priv. Doz. Dr. Georg Philipp Mattiassich.
- A one-week clinic for surgery with twelve officially approved beds and a surgical outpatient clinic, as well as a special surgical outpatient clinic under the direction of the surgeon GOA Dr. Ulf Clauer.
- Department of Internal Medicine with 50 officially approved beds and a medical outpatient clinic, computer tomography, and a dialysis Institute with six dialysis stations under the direction of the internist Prim. Dr. Günter Bischof.
- Institute for Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care with a nursing unit of six beds for intensive Monitoring and Ventilation under the direction of the anaesthesiologist and intensive care physician Prim. Dr. Karl Wohak.
- Obstetrics module with six beds within the surgery beds under the direction of gynaecologist Dr. Peter Révész.
- Professional consultants for paediatrics, ear nose and throat, eyes, radiology, dermatology, neurology psychiatry, psychological and psychotherapeutic care.
- In four wards (including one special class station) with a total of 100 officially approved beds and an intensive care unit with six officially approved beds, the patients are cared for by a nursing staff professionally trained in the requirements of holistic care. Depending on the season, 17 additional beds can also be added under the direction of Head Nurse Birgit Haunschmid, MAS.
- The Klinik Diakonissen Schladming has a Joint works council for workers and employees with six members at the present and the exempted Chairman of the Works Council Walter Trupp, Registered Nurse.
- The Hygiene Working Group, the Group of Experts (a Team from different professional Groups that evaluates product innovations and a wide range of different products for use) and the Quality Commission (QSK) are permanent bodies.
- Safety and protective measures für the employees are ensured by an Occupational Health and Safety Committee, under the direction of the Administrator Dipl. KH-BW. Ing. Hannes Stickler, MBA.
- Additional positions are held by authorised officer Mag. Martin Reif
- the in-house doctor, Dr. Wilhelm Pintar,
- Technical Safety Officer Harald Stiegler (TSB),
- Technical Safety Assistant Hannes Ramer (SFK),
- Waste Manager Ing. Harald Griesser and Christine Schröcker as Contact Person in the facility for the Waste Manager.
Under the Patronage of the Protestant Deaconry of Gallneukirchen, the Klinik Diakonissen Schladming is managed by the Medical Director, Prim. Dr. Karl Wohak, Head Nurse Birgit Haunschmid, MAS, and the Administrator, Dipl. KH-BW. Ing. Hannes Stickler, MBA. Dr. Robert Schütz is the Business manager. The mission of the hospital is based on the Biblical Christian image of man and the mission of Christian charity. A Plaque in the hospital lobby reads: